Call Your Member of Congress: Prevent Tax Increases For 98 Percent of Americans
Republican leadership refuses to let the House vote on a bill that has already passed the Senate and that the President has pledged to sign, preventing tax hikes for 98 percent of Americans.
Call these representatives and ask them to sign the discharge petition for the Middle Class Tax Cut Act. If 218 House members sign the petition, Congress has to vote. We have 178 signatures so far. The rest are up to you.
Brian Stewart is the communications manager at Campus Progress.
- With No Clear Trend in Youth Vote, A Challenge Awaits Progressives
- You Won’t Believe Which Government Policy Is More Profitable Than Exxon
- Here’s One Way to End Poverty
- Borrowers of Color Need More Options to Reduce Their Student-Loan Debt
- As Tuition Aid for the Poor Withers, Awards for the Wealthy Ratchet Up