Amisha Sisodiya is an online communications intern for Campus Progress. Originally from Connecticut, Amisha is excited to call D.C. her new home for the next few years as she studies at the George Washington University School of Business. In high school, she explored her passion for writing and design as an editor for the newspaper and yearbook, and started her own program that teaches writing to gifted students and donates all the proceeds to charity. Amisha served as the editor-and-chief of CT Teens, the youth section of Southwestern Connecticut’s daily newspaper, the Connecticut Post, and is currently a reporter for GW’s newspaper the Hatchet. She is also a Compass Mentor and former Miss India Teen Connecticut. In her free time, she enjoys reading, singing, dancing, and traveling. Currently, she's obsessed with Zumba, Modern Family, and food trucks.
Recent articles by this author:
- Infographic: What Does 7.4 Million Students Look Like?
- Young Olympians on Title IX: It Leveled the Playing Field but Gender Hurdles Still Persist
- WH Celebrates 40th Anniv. of Title IX: Bridging Gender Gaps Then and Now; From Sports to STEM
- WH Proposes to Lighten Student Debt Woes with Transparent Fin Aid Packaging
- It’s the Economy Stupid: Obama Tells Congress “Get to Work” on Stafford
- Fathers Day: Progressive Dads Make a Difference
- Active Millennials Speak Out, Desire Change
- The White House Creates Kick-Starter for Higher Education by Giving Savings Accounts to Students
- Hip-Hop Heavyweights Weigh in on Same-Sex Marriage
- White House Launches Summer Jobs+ Initiative for Youth