Anya Callahan covers the LGBT Rights beat as a reporter for Campus Progress. She is originally from Oregon but currently calls Seattle home. Anya graduated in 2012 from the University of Puget Sound, where she studied Political Science and Gender Studies. At Puget Sound she founded a feminist campus media and Campus Progress Journalism Network publication, Wetlands Magazine. She worked for her campus newspaper as an Opinions Writer, and as a Community and Campus Organizer for NARAL Pro-Choice Washington.
Recent articles by this author:
- Thanks to Boy Scouts’ Decision, This is What a Den Mother Has to Tell Her Kids
- Why You Can’t Plan on Using Just Financial Aid to Pay For These Schools This Fall
- Plan B’s Plan C
- How The FDA Ruling on Emergency Contraception Undermines Young Women
- Young, Black, Gay—And In The NBA [STORIFY]
- If You’re Transgender, These Schools Are On Your Side
- Why Are the French So Mad?
- The Boy Scouts’ Gay Glass Ceiling
- Washington Senators Let Women Down In Their State
- Why Gay Military Activist Lt. Dan Choi Won’t Be Paying His $100 Court Fine
- How Do We Tell Young Gay People It’s OK To Just Be?
- Judge OK’s Over-the-Counter Morning After Pill But Barriers To Access Still Remain
- Where’s the ‘B’ in LGBT?
- When You Have To Fight For Your Right To Potty
- Millennials Make Their Case for Marriage Equality Loud and Clear for the Supreme Court
- Till’ Millennials Do Us Part: Will Marriage Become A Thing Of The Past?
- Obamacare Celebrates Its Third Anniversary
- Student Loan Debt: A Women’s Issue
- Is the U.S. Staying Globally Competitive When It Comes To Women’s Rights?
- Sh*!&t Lawmakers Who Don’t Have Vaginas—Or Know What a Transvaginal Ultrasound Is—Say