Candice Bernd is a contract editor focusing on Civil & Human Rights issues for Campus Progress. As a reporter for Campus Progress, she covered climate change and the environment, including the battle over the Keystone XL pipeline. She helped launch the Tar Sands Blockade, an ongoing nonviolent direct action campaign to stop the southern leg of the pipeline in Texas. She recently graduated from the University of North Texas with Bachelors’ degrees in Journalism and Political Science. As a campus organizer, she helped eliminate free speech “zones,” fought to get her university off coal, and participated in an anti-fracking campaign in Denton, Texas. She has reported for her school's student-run daily newspaper, co-hosted a Dallas-based progressive talk radio program, and spent the summer of 2011 in Chicago working as an intern for In These Times magazine. She is also currently a Social Media Fellow at Truthout.
Recent articles by this author:
- Just How Strong Immigration Enforcement Is Now
- You Won’t Believe Which Government Policy Is More Profitable Than Exxon
- All You Need to Know About The Heritage’s Problematic Study [LINKS]
- Tech Leaders ‘Unfriend’ Mark Zuckerberg’s New Group Over Keystone XL Ads
- Why Facebook Desperately Needs a ‘Dislike’ Button
- Approaching Mother’s Day, Undocumented Youth Ask to Reunite With Deported Mothers
- Would This Make You Go To The Top Of The World And Back? [INTERVIEW]
- 350.org Reaches Goal Of A Million Comments Against the Keystone XL
- Divestment Update: Brown Considers Kicking Coal, Harvard Reluctantly Accepts Student Petition
- Would You Let Your Grandma Get Arrested For This?
- Young Americans Move Forward On Climate—But Will The President?
- Early to the Party: Environmentalists Arrested Outside the White House Ahead of National Rally
- Climate Justice Organizers Plan for Wave of Actions
- UPDATE: Fossil Fuel Divestment Sparks Debate, Continues to Grow
- Millennials Occupy TransCanada Offices Across the US
- Fossil Fuel Divestment Continues to Grow, Spreads to Major Cities
- Is Climate Change Threatening the Global Food Supply?
- Susan Rice’s Stock in TransCanada Could Raise Eyebrows for Environmentalists
- Fracking: Coming Soon to a Campus Near You
- Dawdling in Doha While the Planet Burns