Emily Wood covers gender politics for Campus Progress. She's currently an undergrad at Harding University where she studies Political Science and Psychology of Communications. She's also very active on campus with the Roosevelt Institute Campus Network and Pi Sigma Alpha, a political-science honors society. She interned with Campus Progress over the summer and loved every minute of it—including meeting President Clinton. She loves sunflowers, fireworks, Christmas lights, and progressive politics. She believes very strongly in the girl effect. Follow her on Twitter at @em_nicole55.
Recent articles by this author:
- Representative Lashes Out At Constituent Over Pell Grant Funding
- Activists: Colleges Should Participate in Bank Transfer Day
- Twitter Day of Action: #NotFunnyFacebook
- Save the Boobies? Save Second Base? No, Save the Women.
- #OccupyWallStreet—A Protest For All
- Conservative Think Tank Undermines Diversity Efforts at UW-Madison
- Biden to Students: ‘No Means No, No Matter What’
- The Right to Remain Silent: A Cappella Group in LGBT Discrimination Dispute
- Former Campus Progress Intern Vying for School Board Seat
- Fight for Gender Equality Continues with New HERvotes Campaign