Julie Thompson is a communications intern for Campus Progress. She is participating in the Study Away Program at her school, Michigan State University, where she is pursuing a degree in English and a minor in Sociology. As a member of Kappa Delta sorority, Julie actively gives back to the female youth of the East Lansing community. She is originally from the Flint area and enjoys film, NCAA basketball, and curling up with the latest novel. Follow her on Twitter @thomp_julie.
Recent articles by this author:
- #AskCP Twitter Chat Tells All On Guns, Immigration, And What It Takes To Work At Campus Progress
- Actress From Twilight Shares How You Can Help Put an End to Domestic Violence
- Voting Rights Act: Fighting to Keep What Our Grandparents Gave Us
- Indiana School Double Dares You to Bring Gay Date to the Prom
- Obama Nods to Immigrant Students in Inaugural Speech; Student Organization Promotes Sexual Equality