Kevin Jersey covers the Preventing Gun Violence & Creating Safe Communities beat as a reporter for Campus Progress. After changing colleges and career paths several times, he is now pursuing a Journalism degree at Los Angeles Valley College. His varied educational and work experiences have given him insight into the struggles facing both students and workers. In addition to writing for the Los Angeles Valley Star, Kevin writes sporadically on his own politically-oriented blog at Wordsnotbullets.com.
Recent articles by this author:
- Texas Legislators Continue Fight to Allow Guns on Campuses
- This Hip Hop Manager Will Give You $200 to Get Your Gun Off the Street
- Forgotten Victims of Gun Violence
- University of Texas Chancellor Sends Message To Governor On Guns
- Are Mental Health Care Services for Young Americans the Solution to Curb Gun Violence?
- On the Death Anniversary of Trayvon Martin, Florida Legislators Look to Expand Stand Your Ground Law
- Colorado Fights to Keep Campuses Gun-Free
- Obama: Victims of Gun Violence ‘Deserve a Vote’
- Minneapolis Leads the Way on Youth Violence Prevention
- Internet Loopholes Let Gun Buyers Get Online, Skip The Background Check
- Proposals To Arm School Guards Met With Opposition
- Obama Introduces Options for Curbing Gun Violence, Saying ‘We’re Responsible’
- New Fronts in the Voter ID Fight
- Churches Rally to Protect Voters from Voter ID Laws