Lydia Fiser runs the Campus Progress Journalism Network and is a contract editor focusing on Economic Justice issues for Campus Progress. Through the Journalism Network, Lydia works to provide 54 progressive college publications with the resources and guidance they need to continue to grow and succeed in their communities. Lydia graduated from the University of Florida with honors in journalism and political science. While in school, she co-founded and edited a progressive monthly publication, The Fine Print, a member of the Campus Progress Journalism Network,which focuses on civil and human rights, environmental degradation, and the preservation of long-form journalism. Through this experience, Lydia developed a great respect for independent media, and has since found her passion lies with journalism that facilitates critical thought and active civil participation. Before joining Campus Progress, Lydia worked as an editor for the New York Times News Service and traveled extensively.
Recent articles by this author:
- Experts Agree, Student Loan Borrowers Need More Options
- Made in America: Memorial Day
- Whether You’re A Student, Graduate, Or Neither, These Congressional Decisions Will Affect Your Life
- Divestment: Not Just for Fossil Fuel
- Why State Support for Marriage Equality Is Gaining Momentum
- Consumer Protection Agency Holds Hearing On Student Debt’s Impacts
- How Much Does The Average Woman Make Compared To The Men In Your State? [INTERACTIVE]
- Will Women Will Be Less Safe Because Of The Sequester?
- Ted Cruz Wants To Make It Harder To Pay For College
- 10 Years After The Iraq War, Activists Keep Shouting
- On Portland’s Coast, Student Journalists Preserve Storytelling
- Gun Violence Takes Another Young Life
- Why This Republican Governor Made the Switch to Support Obamacare
- Watch What This Fox News Host Had to Say About Rape on College Campuses
- Fast Future: How the Millennial Generation Is Shaping Our World [Book Review]
- Are Students Getting the Best Deal From University Financial Products?