Michael Cooper Jr.
Michael Cooper Jr. covers the Student Debt beat as a reporter for Campus Progress. He’s a student at the Charlotte School of Law and a contributing writer for Creative Loafing Charlotte. In 2009, he was a New Leaders Fellow at the Center for Progressive Leadership and, after interning for the Office of Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) on Capitol Hill, he worked as a Communications Associate for Hip Hop Caucus and later as the Volunteer Coordinator for a U.S. Senate campaign in North Carolina.
Recent articles by this author:
- If Marriage Equality Becomes Law Of The Land, What’s Next For You?
- Trending Toward Marriage Equality
- How Automatic Spending Cuts Will Impact Repayment On These Education Loans
- This Congressional Progressive Caucus Co-Chair Wants You to Join the Fight
- Will Congress Work For You on Student Debt Reform?
- A Marxist Solution to Student Debt Surfaces in North Carolina
- Immortal Technique on Obama’s Second Term; Role of Hip-Hop [Interview]
- GOP: No Party for Young People
- Finding Their Voice: Celebrating the Best Progressive Music of 2012 [MUSIC]
- Five Minutes With: The Hip Hop Caucus’ Rev. Lennox Yearwood