Molly Savard covers the Pop Culture beat as a reporter for Campus Progress. She’s a senior journalism student at Boston University and also pursuing a minor in American studies. She writes for the Women’s Fund of Rhode Island and GET Magazine, as well as the BU College of Communication graduate student magazine, The Comment. She serves on the leadership board for BU's Center for Gender, Sexuality and Activism, an anti-oppression and community education group.
Recent articles by this author:
- As Tuition Aid for the Poor Withers, Awards for the Wealthy Ratchet Up
- What If ‘Hetero’ Was the New ‘Homo’?
- @WhiteFeminists: You’re Doing It Wrong
- What Do Women, Immigrants And Gay People All Have In Common?
- To Boston, From Kabul, With Love
- Hey Girl: Ryan Gosling Loves Animals, Too
- ‘The Switch’ To True Trans Representation
- The Media’s ‘Crazy’ Problem
- Thao Nguyen: What Justice for Prisoners Sounds Like [INTERVIEW]
- Laughing Our Way to Marriage Equality
- Ladies’ Legs as Billboards?
- Why These Headliners Are Giving The Boy Scouts Jamboree The Cold Shoulder
- Why This Research-Backed Excuse For Street Harassment Is Not Okay
- Why MTV’s ‘Buckwild’ Isn’t Terrible
- Oscar Pistorius And The Culture Of Domestic Violence
- Can Frank Ocean Oust Chris Brown As a Hip-Hop Role Model?
- Snoop Lion’s Lessons in Reefer Reform
- What Obama Said (And Didn’t Say) About Pre-K—12 Education
- Saving the Skulls of Athletes Wasn’t the Only Reason to Boycott the Superbowl
- Seventeen’s Kesha Cover Sends Wrong Message to Girls