Sara works for Social Media Week in New York City. She previously wrote for Campus Progress while serving as Communications and Outreach Associate. While earning her B.S. in Communications at New York University, Sara volunteered as a grassroots organizer, surrogate and out-of-state coordinator for the New York Obama campaign. Sara spoke on behalf of the campaign at rallies and town halls in New York City and on television, emphasizing the importance of young people’s participation in politics. Since the campaign, Sara has continued to write about youth activism, contributing to Global Grind and the Huffington Post. She also served as campaign coordinator for David Yassky’s campaign for New York City Comptroller.
Expertise: Politics, elections
Recent articles by this author:
- 5 Reasons You Should Vote Today
- Be the Threat: It’s Not Too Late For Young Voters to Have the Last Laugh
- VIDEO: Campus Progress Goes to One Nation March, Discovers LGBTQ Issues At Stake This November
- ‘Waiting for Superman’ Director Defends His Film in Katie Couric Interview
- VIDEO: Gaga’s Call for LGBT equality Inspires Vote Again 2010 Video
- CNN Breaks Down Controversy Surrounding Bieber Fever
- Jay Leno Broke Our Hearts Last Night
- Voting for Bieber, It’s Not Just a VMAs Thing
- Young People Strongly Progressive Despite How Shallow the NYT Says They Are
- VIDEO: We’ll Always Have the Memories of Glenn Beck Rally, 8/28
- VIDEO: Black Tea Party Leader Speaks Out at Glenn Beck Rally, 8/28
- VIDEO: Birther Speaks out at Glenn Beck Rally, 8/28
- VIDEO: Glenn Beck Rally, 8/28. Where the Black People At?
- Why Are You Voting Again in 2010?
- Campus Progress Intern Emily Schlichting Shares Health Care Story With Rep. Clyburn
- Oil Spill Decimating Mermaid Population
- ‘Essence’ Controversy Shows Just How Far We Have to Go In a Conversation About Race
- Campus Progress Responds to “Iller” Reaction
- Iller: Obama Zombies Strike Back!
- #CPNC Speakers, Performers, and More