Shawn Shaligram is an Online Communications Intern for Campus Progress. A senior at University of Utah studying Information Systems and Political Science, Shawn has been involved in ASUU, student government, and the TEK Club for the past two years. Shawn enjoys listening to NPR, attempting to cook and playing basketball. You can follow him on Twitter at @shatelegram.
Recent articles by this author:
- How To Build The Middle Class—Without Costing Taxpayers
- In Arkansas, The Magic Number Is 12
- Will Rand Paul’s Plan to Win Over Young Black Voters Work?
- Busting Immigration Myths [VIDEO]
- Students Protest Ahead Of Tyga Performance; Liberty University Allows Concealed Carry In Classrooms
- Young and Jobless
- What’s In Connecticut’s Bipartisan Gun Violence Prevention Bill
- What Americans Think About Gun Violence
- Are Students Safer With An Armed Teacher On Campus?
- Is This New Conservative Hero Backpedaling On Anti-Gay Comments? [UPDATE]
- What Do These Conservatives, Athletes, and Rappers All Have In Common?
- Rival Budgets, Stark Differences in Values
- Decades Later: Report Shows Youth Still Face Ballot Box Barriers
- What Is—and Isn’t—In The Senate’s Gun Violence Prevention Package
- Connecticut Governor Calls For Stronger Gun Violence Legislation
- Three Ways The Ryan Budget Will Hurt Higher Education
- Oprah To Deliver Harvard Commencement Address; Sequestration Impact Outlined School-By-School
- Majority of Latinos Support Climate Change Legislation
- Students, Teachers and Single Mothers, Watch Out—The Sequester Is Coming
- What Research Says About Gory Video Games’ Impact on Gun Violence